Infographic Designer Intern to Support Impact Assessment Team
1 person is interested
Reporting to Impact Assessment, and working alongside a team, the Infographic Designer will take information collected by Impact Assessment and create graphics which can be understood quickly and easily. Using your visual communication skills, you will make the research and information completed by the Impact Assessment team accessible and interesting to a wider audience.
Interns work a 10-20-hour work week during normal business hours (8am - 5pm; 9am - 6pm). *Please note we are extremely flexible around your work and school schedule. Internship beginning and end dates are flexible. Work will be performed at our National Headquarters in the Clarendon neighborhood of Arlington, VA. Academic credit for internships is strongly encouraged and enthusiastically supported. Please arrange for credit through your own programs and TAPS will provide any and all documentation necessary for you to receive credit for your talent and work.
- Graduate or Undergraduate Student (Graphic Design/Infographic Designer)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organized self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Patient and willing to work collaboratively with a team
A typical day’s activity for an Infographic Designer at TAPS:
- Taking an infographic story document and mocking up sketches or wireframes for the infographic’s layout & visuals.
- Bringing those sketches or wireframes to life, using Adobe Illustrator and your own artistic skills to produce a finished infographic.
- Use your creativity to captivate a wide arrange of audiences to inspire, inform, and recruit TAPS supporters.
- Visualizing survivor stories in innovative ways, teasing out the narrative that effectively tells the story and using Illustrator, PowerPoint and other software to communicate that story.
What We’re Looking for in Applicants
TAPS is looking for people who "lean-in" and have a passion for their talent. This is a new team and you have the opportunity to be a part of a collaborative working group to create products TAPS survivors and supporters have never seen before. We are looking for truly talented and unique individuals who have a desire to polish their professional skills and need an organization to help them build their portfolio to take them to the next level. Join the #tapsfam!
- Experience in a similar position or a strong body of infographic/graphic design work.
- Highly proficient in graphic design platforms.
- Knowledge and understanding of software in Adobe’s Creative Cloud is preferable, but not necessary: After Effects, Premier, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, & Lightroom.
- Hand-drawn illustration skills are also welcome.
- Please send a brief cover letter, resume, and your digital portfolio (of infographic/graphic design work samples) to email@example.com .
- Successful candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview in person. We want this to be a great fit for you and for our 80,000 survivors!
- Please note this is an unpaid internship
- The Infographic Design internship is located at TAPS National Headquarters in the Clarendon neighborhood of Arlington, VA.
We'll work with your schedule.
3033 Wilson BlvdThird FloorArlington, VA 22201
- Graphic Design / Print
- 10-20 hours/week
- Graduate or Undergraduate Student (Graphic Design/Infographic Designer) Excellent written and verbal