Outreach & Public Relations Assistant
8 people are interested
Our growing nonprofit is looking for a public relations intern interested in opportunities to learn through experience in communication and outreach. In this role, the Intern will report directly to the Public Relations and Fundraising Specialist, represent AKEEP at select events, conduct research and develop promotional material to promote our mission, services and programs.
- Draft written materials for internal and external communications
- Assist with coordination and attend outreach events
- Develop newsletter content and design
- Social media management and content development
- Assist with campaign development and analytics
- Participate in learning opportunities
- Other communication and public relations activities as assigned
- Gain understanding of AKEEP's mission, programs, and internal structure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills and a reliable Internet connection
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Comfortable working with a multicultural team
- Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week in office and remotely
Support for volunteers:
Volunteers work under the direction of various staff members or other volunteers, who will provide task-specific training.
The Outreach & Public Relations Assistant may be able to attend events free of charge or at a reduced price, will receive A-KEEP's newsletter and be recognized in A-KEEP's annual/impact report.
The assistant also has the opportunity to learn skills for professional development, interact with members of the community and/or gain leadership experience.
Enjoying new experiences!
Potential volunteers will be required to complete a volunteer form and submit a resume or history of volunteer experience to be considered.
We'll work with your schedule.
RSA UnionMontgomery, AL 36130
- Social Media / Blogging
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Professional Development
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours per week