Volunteer Photographer at National Seminar for Families of the Fallen - Phoenix, AZ
9 people are interested
TAPS would like to engage professional and experienced amateur event photographers for seminar for families of America's fallen military heroes.
TAPS annual National Military Suicide Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp is an inspirational weekend of support, care, and hope. Sessions and designed to create a peer support network of families who are grieving the death of someone who has served in America's Armed Forces. The seminar supports survivors as they develop coping skills, share their stories, and honor their loved one. Through the peer connections, families of the fallen are able to cultivate a community of friendship that will last a lifetime.
TAPS Good Grief Camp for children and teens provides a safe and supportive atmosphere to conduct activities and opportunities to learn coping skills, establish and identify support systems, and create awareness that they are not alone in the grief of their loved one. Children and teens meet others of their own age group to share and learn, together.
Volunteer photographers who have a journalistic approach to photography and are experienced covering events and capturing candid images are required. There will be very little need for posed photographs, so someone who knows how to find moments of human connection and emotion is the best to help us tell our story.
- Photos that are hi-res jpeg (>10 mb), magazine and brochure quality are required as these photos may be used in TAPS marketing materials, publications, and on social media
- Photos may be taken both indoors and outdoors
- Raw images should be submitted within 24 hours after the event via downloadable link
- Photo credits will be given to volunteer photographer for images used in hard publications and on social media
- TAPS Communication program will review works samples and use your availability, interest, and demonstrated skill to plan photography assignment
- We can be flexible with the schedule and work around your availability
About TAPS: The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) is the national organization providing compassionate care for the families of America’s fallen military heroes and has offered support to more than 85,000 surviving family members of our fallen military and their caregivers since 1994. TAPS provides peer-based emotional support, grief and trauma resources, grief seminars and retreats for adults, Good Grief Camps for children, case work assistance, connections to community-based care, online and in-person support groups and a 24/7 resource and information helpline for all who have been affected by a death in the Armed Forces. Services are provided free of charge. For more information go to www.taps.org or call the toll-free TAPS resource and information helpline at 1.800.959.TAPS (8277).
Please contact Sharon Paz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-385-2565 with any questions about this volunteer opportunity.
Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort11111 N 7th StPhoenix, AZ 85020
- time commitment is flexible
- photographer must have their own professional equipment