Cashiering & Customer Service class Instructor's Aide - King County Job Training
DONATE TO THIS
21 people are interested
Schedule: Monday/Wednesday 1 pm - 3 pm
Position Description: Support Job Training instructors by providing an extra set of hands in the classroom. Assist with preparing the classroom and class materials, starting/ending class in a timely manner, helping with group activities, working with students who need extra guidance, and providing examples to students as needed.
- Preparatory work before/after class: making copies and setting up classroom activities
- Provide guidance and support to students working in small groups
- Participate in classroom activities and assist individual students during lessons and exercises
- Administrative tasks as needed
- Other activities as needed
Reports to: Supervisor determined during interview process
Role Requirements & Abilities:
- Interest in working in a classroom setting with adult learners; previous experience teaching or tutoring valued but not required
- Experience working with diverse individuals with multiple barriers.
- Reliable, punctual and consistent.
- Patient, understanding, and caring.
- Strong listening skills
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Able to safely lift/push/pull up to 10 lbs., grasp, handle, finger and manipulate items; perform repetitive fine motor functions with fingers, wrists and arms. Able to traverse a wide variety of physical environments without assistance including uneven surfaces and stairs. Able to communicate with others effectively, verbally and in writing; including those who have limited English skills, large groups and small groups and individuals. Able to use standard office equipment without assistance.
- Classroom setting; moderate noise level.
700 Dearborn Place S, Seattle, WA 98144, US
Goodwill provides quality, effective employment training and basic education to individuals experiencing significant barriers to economic opportunity. Because jobs change lives.
Goodwill inspires hope and self-confidence, helping people from all backgrounds and walks of life to feel successful, valuable and dignified.
We'll work with your schedule.
700 Dearborn Pl SSeattle, WA 98144
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8+ week commitment requested