22 people are interested
Your responsibility as a database administrator (DBA) will be the performance, integrity and security of a database. You'll be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
You'll ensure that:
- data remains consistent across the database
- data is clearly defined
- users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs
- there is provision for data security and recovery control (ensuring all data is retrievable in an emergency).
As a database administrator, you'll need to:
- establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security
- monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
- map out the conceptual design for a planned database
- consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
- further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
- maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- control access permissions and privileges
- develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- carry out capacity planning
- work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers
- communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
Email us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About In Her Shoes Foundation
155 N MICHIGAN AVE STE 9012, CHICAGO, IL 60601, US
In Her Shoes Foundation (IHSF) is a 501(c)3 organization that is dedicated to making a positive impact on society by empowering women and girls. OUR VISION is to empower and inspire every woman and girl to be her personal best. OUR MISSION is to embrace the potential of all women and girls by providing: • Positive Influences • Learning Opportunities • Community Partnerships • Leadership Development OUR CORE VALUES form the foundation of how we conduct ourselves as an organization. These are also the qualities we value and encourage in our members and volunteers. We are: • Accountable • Empathetic • Intentional • Authentic • Inclusive
A NOTE FROM OUR FOUNDER
In Her Shoes Foundation has over 60 committee volunteers who run this organization on a daily basis, in addition to working their full-time jobs and fulfilling their everyday obligations as parents, spouses, siblings, daughters - or sons and friends. When I founded this foundation in 2008 we originally called it The Positive Girls Club. It was envisioned as an organization that would support women of all ages who were determined to make positive changes in their lives. I started hosting monthly professional development workshops to inspire, connect, educate, and support the women in our community. Today, over 10 years later, we’re now known as In Her Shoes Foundation, and our flagship program, Ready Set Girls Academy, is exceeding our goals year over year for reaching young women preventatively. This curriculum-based program is run by our volunteer group mentors and is being delivered within public and private high schools. In addition we partnered with multiple community organization who support our initiative.
Today, we are achieving our vision of empowering and inspiring every woman and girl to be her personal best. We currently have three programs and hope to expand in the next couple of years. Please learn more about the Professional Development Program and the Giving Back Program via www.inhershoesfoundation.org
Thank you for attending and supporting our events.
Kasia Wereszczynska, MA, LCPC, RYT.
We'll work with your schedule.
505 N Northwest HwyBarrington, IL 60010
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training