13 people are interested
Your responsibility as a database administrator (DBA) will be the performance, integrity and security of a database. You'll be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
You'll ensure that:
- data remains consistent across the database
- data is clearly defined
- users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs
- there is provision for data security and recovery control (ensuring all data is retrievable in an emergency).
As a database administrator, you'll need to:
- establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security
- monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
- map out the conceptual design for a planned database
- consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
- further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
- maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- control access permissions and privileges
- develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- carry out capacity planning
- work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers
- communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
We'll work with your schedule.
155 N Michigan Ave#9012Chicago, IL 60601
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training