ESOL Instructor's Aide - Whatcom County Job Training and Education Center
DONATE TO THIS
9 people are interested
Schedule: Tuesday- Thursday 2:35 PM - 3:35 PM.
Position Description: Support Job Training instructors by providing an extra set of hands in the classroom. Assist with preparing the classroom and class materials, starting/ending class in a timely manner, helping with group activities, working with students who need extra guidance, and providing examples to students as needed.
- Preparatory work before/after class: making copies and setting up classroom activities
- Provide guidance and support to students working in small groups
- Participate in classroom activities and assist individual students during lessons and exercises
- Administrative tasks as needed
- Other activities as needed
Role Requirements & Abilities:
- Interest in working in a classroom setting with adult learners; previous experience teaching or tutoring valued but not required
- Experience working with diverse individuals with multiple barriers.
- Reliable, punctual and consistent.
- Patient, understanding, and caring.
- Strong listening skills
We'll work with your schedule.
2077 W Main StLynden, WA 98264
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3+ hours per week, 3+ month commitment