DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Foster Admin, you'll ensure we have the most up-to-date records for each pet, from their photo and biography to adoption fees. This will ensure that prospective parents have all the information that they need for their adoption decision.
Reports to: The Foster Representative Team Lead, the Foster Director, and the Executive Director.
Works with: Will have regular and continuous contact virtually or over the phone with team leaders, foster parents, foster representatives, and other volunteers.
- Entering adoptive pets into our Rescue Groups site
- Writing biographies and gathering information on each pet for their profile and our website
- Uploading and refreshing photographs for each pet regularly
- Coordinating with the Executive Director to obtain adoption fees for each pet
- Reviewing missing data and coordinating with foster representatives to obtain
- Maintaining updated information in the foster spreadsheet
- Assist with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
- Must be a high school graduate with some related animal/rescue group experience.
- Ability to work virtually (phone, email). A flexible work schedule to answer foster questions during the work day is preferred.
- Must be organized and skilled at record-keeping.
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent DPA in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in Dallas after studying the best practices of other cities (most notably Austin, Texas). We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we do not duplicate work of other agencies. We focus solely on the pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People Skills
- Customer Service
- Approximately 4-5 hours per week.