Special Olympics NC - Volunteer Chair - Edgecombe
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Special Olympics North Carolina is looking for a Volunteer Chair in the Edgecombe County area. The Volunteer Chair is an individual that will invite others in their community to participate in the inspiring experience of volunteering with Special Olympics. The Volunteer Chair will promote volunteerism and effectively communicate with current and potential volunteers.
- Identify volunteer needs, create recruitment messages and implement recruitment tactics.
- Screen and train new members of the volunteer committee.
- Assign and schedule volunteers for various positions during area competitions and local events.
- Ensure proper files and forms exist on all local volunteers.
- Communicate ongoing volunteer oppportunities to existing volunteer base through online recruitment tools.
- Develop a strong network of resouces through recognition and appreciation tactics.
About Special Olympics North Carolina
2200 Gateway Centre Boulevard, Suite 201, Morrisville, NC 27650, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year-round athletic training and sports competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy, and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families and other Special Olympics athletes and the community. We provide opportunities for athletes and volunteers throughout the state of North Carolina. If you'd like to donate to Special Olympics NC please use this link: https://bit.ly/390XlyV
Volunteer-driven, non-profit organization
We'll work with your schedule.
Various LocationsWinterville, NC 28590
- Event Management
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours a week