Special Olympics NC - PR & Education Chair - Nash County
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Special Olympics North Carolina is seeking a responsible individual to serve as Public Relations & Education Chair in Nash County. The Public Relations & Education Chair is responsible for developing and implementing activities, materials and media opportunities that will increase community awareness of the Special Olympics movement, and promote the capabilities of people with intellectual disabilities.
- Recruit, screen and train new members of the Public Relations & Education Committee
- Ensure that an annual Public Relations and Education plan is developed, approved by the Local Program Coordinator and implemented
- Submit a final report to the local coordinator to insert into the local accreditation document
- Evaluate committee members’ service annually to determine if continued membership is recommended, and whether they should be given increased responsibility, removed from the committee or rerouted to another position
Additional potential responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with local news media outlets, working to make Special Olympics coverage as common as coverage of local high school sports.
- Attend training, competition, fundraising and social events.
About Special Olympics North Carolina
2200 Gateway Centre Boulevard, Suite 201, Morrisville, NC 27650, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year-round athletic training and sports competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy, and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families and other Special Olympics athletes and the community. We provide opportunities for athletes and volunteers throughout the state of North Carolina. If you'd like to donate to Special Olympics NC please use this link: https://bit.ly/390XlyV
Volunteer-driven, non-profit organization
We'll work with your schedule.
331 South Franklin StreetRocky Mount, NC 27802
- Program Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- General Education
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 Hours per month including 1 monthly meeting