Volunteer Position Overview
Let’s get outside! We need your help to spread the word about the 30x30 Nature Challenge in your community. The built environment is all around us - the buildings where we live, learn, and labor, and all the spaces between. We encourage people to get in nature for 30 minutes each day for 30 days during the month of June. Our goal is to create a closer relationship between humans and nature by educating how we dramatically impact our access to nature by the decisions made about our buildings and surrounding spaces.
- Spread the word and help recruit participation in the 30x30 Nature Challenge. This may include hanging posters, reaching out to personal contacts, and posting online.
- Have a welcoming, positive attitude while performing tasks in support of the initiative.
- Pay close attention to email and correspondence with staff.
- Be flexible. Despite planning and assignments, unexpected tasks can occur and staff may ask for help as needed.
- If a new volunteer, attend an orientation session; and complete and return required paperwork before the start of the position.
- Earn GBCI continuing education credits (refer to the CMP Guide).
- Network with passionate individuals within the green building and USGBC community.
- Hone interpersonal communication skills while talking about the challenge.
- Meet new people or reconnect with past contacts.
- Strong reliability, attention to detail, and communication skills.
- Comfortable engaging with new people with diversified backgrounds.
- Must have a phone or computer with internet to join required online meetings.
- Attend a 1 hour introduction session to learn about the challenge and expectations.
- For new volunteers, attend a 1 hour introduction session to USGBC.
- About 30-60 minutes per week promoting the 30x30 Nature Challenge.
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour intro session; 30-60 minutes per week
- New volunteers might be asked to attend an additional 1 hr orientation session.