WHO WE ARE
We believe that every dog and cat, no matter their age, medical need, or behavioral issue, deserves a loving forever home. But they tend to be overlooked in shelters and rescues across the country. Core Paws showcases these special animals on a central website, to help them find their perfect family.
Do you believe that all animals deserve loving homes? Are you creative, organized with great attention to detail? Do you love planning events, managing teams and increasing awareness for a cause you care about?
EVENTS MANAGER OVERVIEW
This crucial role manages our existing Events Committee, oversees all events and works closely with our Fundraising team to set goals for donations. Our Events Manager has proven success with events managing capabilities, works closely with our Events Committee and reports to our Board Advisor (with a focus in Events). Our Events Manager takes an active role to participate at events or delegate day-of duties to another volunteer if unable to attend.
Believe 100% in the Core Paws mission
Be willing to dedicate the time needed for this position (ie: making time in a busy schedule)
Be willing to meet virtually or in-person with Leadership Team as needed
Be willing to meet in person, call, email and Skype with Events Committee Monthly check in meetings with Events Committee
Help recruit new Events Committee members when needed and kick them off on their duties
Help recruit for day of events volunteers
1 year initial commitment as Events Manager, possibility of re-election at that time
Fixed Time: Planning meetings are held at a pre-determined time (and scheduled as needed), convenient for all required members for the discussion. Board Meetings are every month for approximately 3 hours and attendance is encouraged bi-annually.
Flexible Time: For Events Management tasks, approximately 10-12 hours per month, varying according to personal preference, with an increase of hours as each event approaches.
Ability to conceptualize, plan and execute events - experience building and managing budgets; Experience in non-profit event planning including live and silent auctions, ideal, but not required; Organized, multi-tasker with great attention to detail; Ability to delegate tasks to others; Strong interpersonal and communication skills; Creativity and Flexibility; Proven organizational and leadership abilities; Strong problem-solving and teamwork skills; Dedicated and motivated individual who is committed to a great cause.
● Cultivate relationships to create additional opportunities for Core Paws to partner with on events
● Help to coordinate annual fundraising events, work in tandem with Fundraising Coordinator and Board Member (Fundraising focus)
● Determine event opportunities to piggy-back onto with other organizations and/or businesses in the community, build budget vs. benefit analysis and seek approval from board
● Work to bring Core Paws awareness (and potentially sell shirts/gear) at non-animal-specific venues, such as farmers’ markets, Saturday Market, etc.
● Establish a strategic plan for future events and build out budget estimates for current and following year
● Work in tandem with board members for assistance on initiatives and events
● Work in tandem with Volunteer Manager to retain volunteers to work at each of the events, as needed
● Assist with the tasks associated with fundraising events (i.e. selling tickets, dropping off and picking up materials, etc.).
● Monthly Events committee meetings
● Be readily available via email/phone when needed ○ Ongoing check-ins with Board Advisor and leadership team
This role is virtual but the team is located in Portland so we would like this volunteer to also be located in Oregon.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- People Skills
- Project Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 hours/week
- Must have previous Event Planning Experience & management skills