Volunteer with the Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
37 people are interested
The Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk, a 501(c)3 nonprofit supporting the visual arts and culture in Downtown Los Angeles, is seeking volunteers to help at our pop-up Lounge on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 2pm to 11pm.
Support is needed in the following area:
- Setup and take-down of our Downtown Art Walk Lounge, a one-day pop-up.
- Assist our vendors, and provide support for a positive vending experience.
- Assist visitors, distribute the Downtown Art Walk maps, and answer questions about local galleries, and the self-guided tour of the galleries. This goes without saying, but Lounge volunteers should be friendly, outgoing and willing to engage with visitors to help them experience the best of Art Walk.
- We are looking for volunteers who can make themselves available for several consecutive Art Walk dates as a certain amount of training and time investment is required on our part to discuss setup/take-down, including potentially helping to handle and install artwork, as well as how to respond to visitors.
This opportunity takes place during the Downtown Art Walk, which is on the 2nd Thursday of each month.
Setup and take-down requires physical labor, such as hanging and de-installing artwork, installing portable lights, helping vendors with inquiries and table setup, and running errands for the team.
Volunteers should expect to start their day around 2pm to help with installation, and be ready to assist vendors (4-6pm vendor setup), as well as Lounge visitors at the Art Walk table when we open to the public (6-10PM). As this is a one-day pop-up, the Downtown Art Walk team and volunteers will de-install all the contents of the pop-up promptly at 10pm, as we need to exit the space by 11pm. Of course, breaks will be given so volunteers can have a meal and rest.
We do not typically reimburse parking, and we encourage you to use public transportation when possible. Please note that Los Angeles traffic is always heavy on 2nd Thursdays towards Downtown, so please allow enough time for travel as we need you there on time.
IMPORTANT: Please include a resume and references. Any questions, please contact email@example.com.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
411 S Main St.Los Angeles, CA 90013
- People Skills
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Each Art Walk (2nd Thursday of each month)
- Please attach a resume and references!