We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Please find other opportunities.Find Opportunities
2 people are interested
Development Associate / Grant Writing
ORGANIZATION: Redemption Housing
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Major Function and Purpose: Will work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop fundraising and resource development efforts in support of Redemption Housing’s services in Philadelphia, PA.
Summary: Primary responsibilities include the preparation of proposals and grant applications, and performance of administrative work in researching, identifying, developing, and responding to funding opportunity announcements from private foundations and corporate giving programs. Qualified candidates should possess excellent writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office Word and Excel) and database management skills. Work is performed under broad direction of the Executive Director, with the majority of work performed independently.
Essential Job Functions:
* Research grant programs and plans;
* Draft funding proposals/applications;
* Write or assist the Executive Director in preparing proposals/applications;
* Edit draft applications for accuracy, completeness, clarity, and submittal of all required data - in accordance with grant requirements;
* Provide timely advice and information on funding opportunities, requirements, and procedures;
* Knowledge of grant application process and writing of proposals;
* Knowledge of various grant programs available to Philadelphia area nonprofits;
* Excellent organization skills;
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines for grant opportunities;
* Ability to take initiative and work independently in preparing grant applications;
* Ability to participate as a team player to coordinate grant projects;
* Ability to provide necessary documentation to support grant requirements;
* Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Redemption Housing
PO Box 6326, Philadelphia, PA 19139, US
To bring God’s healing and restoration to those affected by incarceration and homelessness, holistically serving them as they transition back into the community, while providing a safe space where they can connect with social services, find meaningful employment, and locate long-term housing.
Over two thirds of inmates released to halfway houses in Pennsylvania are rearrested or sent back to prison within three years. Our vision is to be a network of recovery homes that provide safe, stable, structured, and sober living arrangements. Our residents will be proud of where they live, receive our ongoing support, and journey with each other into the care of the community.
We are founded u pon the ideal of resident-focused service. When they are released, returning citizens require support circles to properly break free of crime, addiction, and homelessness. Christian hospitality is therefore our hallmark, as we guide our residents toward recovery. We care for their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs, and we affirm their humanity in a nurturing and hospitable environment.
Join us as we serve those who are transitioning from incarceration to community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 1, 2017
- Grant Writing / Research
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- 5-10 hours per week