Change a life: Tutor Adult Learners
109 people are interested
At Restore Education, our mission is to transform at-risk youth and adults into successful college and career-ready students, so that they can achieve the future they deserve as self-supporting adults, role models as parents, and contributing members of the community.
Restore Education volunteer tutors assist students with the following:
- Preparing for the GED and HiSet exams to achieve a high school equivalency certification. Subjects include reasoning through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, and Social Studies.
- Preparing for the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) and Accuplacer exams. These tests determine the appropriate level of coursework for incoming college students. Subjects include Reading, Mathematics, and Writing.
- Building the basic skills and knowledge of workforce training students to prepare them for job placement and the workplace.
We are seeking volunteers for the following weekly schedule openings:
Monday 2-4 PM & 4-6 PM
Tuesday 3-5 PM
Wednesday 4-6 PM
We serve students of diverse age groups and backgrounds. Dedicated volunteers make a difference in our student's lives. If you are ready to take your next step in making a difference in your community, message us today.
About Restore Education
1903 San Pedro, San Antonio, TX 78212, US
Our mission is to transform the at-risk youth of San Antonio into successful college and career ready students, so that they can achieve the future they deserve as self-supporting adults, role models as parents, and contributing members of the community.
Here at Restore Education, we offer a continuum of services to empower and equip at-risk youth, who have dropped out of school, with the purpose and skills necessary for successful, positive impact in their own lives, the lives of their families, and their community.
Passport to College Program: Students have the opportunity to complete their GED and prepare for college simultaneously.
Compass Program: GED and HS graduates have access to continuing guidance and support as they complete an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
FastPass Program: High school students have access to preparation for college entrance exams.
For more information, please visit our website or watch our Video.
We'll work with your schedule.
1903 San PedroSan Antonio, TX 78212
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week
- Minimum 6 month commitment.