Position Purpose: This position plays a critical role in customer relations, client services, directing clients and visitors, managing agency communications, and assisting the admin team with administrative projects.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Meet and greet FamilyWise clients in the lobby.
- Assist clients with their needs in a respectful and courteous manner and answer their questions.
- Manage client issues over the phone and in the lobby which may include de-escalating situations and individuals.
- Provide assistance to Executive Director, Associate Director, Development Associate, and Agency Office Coordinator with administrative duties such as organizing, developing filing systems, filing, shredding, updating mailing lists, data entry, reception, and special projects.
- Assist with the sorting and organizing of donated items.
- Assist with developing and implementing administrative systems to ensure effective and efficient administrative efforts.
- Conduct duties in an unbiased manner in accordance with the agency’s mission statement and guiding principles by which all clients, volunteers, interns and staff are treated equally regardless of race, gender, religion, age, physical or mental abilities and/or sexual orientation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Mature judgment and ability to work independently and as a team.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and data entry.
- Sensitivity to and, interest in supporting the unique struggles of at-risk families.
- May or may not be for educational credit.
Commitment: This position prefers a minimum commitment of 4 hours per week for 3 months. Hours are available Monday - Friday between 8am - 5pm. Hours are flexible.
To Apply: Submit resume & cover letter to volunteer@FamilyWiseServices.org. Potential candidates will be asked to complete a general volunteer/intern application and interview.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours/week for 3 months
- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm availability