We are seeking volunteers to work either AM or PM shifts at our Phoenix Dog Rescue. This position is a volunteer/non-paid opportunity which includes a wide variety of duties as well as possible weekly travel within the state. Schedules can vary depending on your availability (AM & PM shifts available). The successful candidates will have the following qualifications: Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned tasks such as cleaning and feeding dogs and providing medications
- Maintain the cleaning and organization of shelter and property environment
- To manage the basic care of animals in shelter
- Be detailed in providing communication with staff
- Support and be able to direct other Roadies on basic animal care. Should be able to multi-task and provide training and supervision where necessary. Roadies work directly with our staff, clear communication and positive attitude is a key component
- Understand and promote our mission and policies. Be able to support and be an advocate for our organization regarding animal welfare issues
Skills and Experience:
- Experience preferred but will train
- Must have the ability to work in the extreme heat of summer and cold in winter
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills. Computer literacy is required
- Must have flexibility in schedule. Position may require change of hours, combination of AM & PM shifts, medical emergency or transport of animals. M-F preferred
- Be able to work in a demanding and potentially stressful environment
- Must have the physical strength and ability to lift and carry a maximum of 50lbs, perform duties assigned in and out the shelter that requires lifting, bending, stooping and other strenuous activities
- Must have reliable transportation. Driver license preferred
*We would like to emphasize this is not just "playing with dogs", this is cleaning, sweating and WORKING! Yes, you will have time to play with dogs, but the main responsibility and activities needed are cleaning.
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 hours per week.
- Must be able to perform physical duties such as cleaning & lifting, must have reliable transport.