Jewelry Department - small volunteer group needed
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
44 people are interested
Project Description: Work side by side other like-minded individuals who have a strong desire to make a difference, supportSeattle Goodwill’s jewelry department periodically needs to catch up on backlogged jewelry donations. Small volunteer groups (2 to 4 people) can make that happen! At Goodwill, every purchase helps fund our job training and education programs, so efforts to process and prepare more jewelry for the sales floor directly impacts our students.
- Untangle jewelry
- Sort, organize, and colorize jewelry
- Mount earrings on earring cards, place string tags on bracelets and necklaces
- Other jewelry duties as needed
Reports To: Assistant Manager E-Commerce
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organize by color
- Perform repetitive fine motor functions
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and diplomacy skills
- Works well with diverse populations
Essential Physical Abilities:
Able to safely lift/push/pull up to 10 lbs., grasp, handle, finger and manipulate items; perform repetitive fine motor functions with fingers, wrists and arms. Able to traverse a wide variety of physical environments without assistance including uneven surfaces and stairs. Able to communicate with others effectively, verbally and in writing; including those who have limited English skills, large groups and small groups and individuals. Able to use standard office equipment without assistance.
The project takes place in a production facility; dust, noise.
Time Commitment: This is an ongoing opportunity. Volunteer groups are welcomed to sign up once or volunteer on a regular schedule. Project hour availability: Sunday, Monday 10AM to 2PM
We'll work with your schedule.
3031 S. WaldenSeattle, WA 98144
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours. Volunteer once or many times!