VolunteerMatch is the Web's largest volunteer engagement network supporting more than 100,000 nonprofits, 170 business leaders and 13 million visitors per year.
Founded in 1998, VolunteerMatch offers solutions to make it easier for individuals, nonprofits and companies to make a difference. The award-winning nonprofit service supports some of America's most recognized institutions. To date, the VolunteerMatch network has helped its nonprofit members attract more than $6.8 billion worth of volunteer services.
VolunteerMatch is a two-time Webby Award winner, a Smithsonian inductee, and has been recognized for its work by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Time, Oprah and former Presidents Clinton and Bush.
Vice President, Business Development & Sales
VolunteerMatch, the web’s largest volunteer engagement network, is looking for a talented and accomplished business development & sales professional with a passion for volunteering, technology and social change to serve as its Vice President of Business Development.
The Vice President will report to the President and serve on the leadership team of VolunteerMatch. The position will be responsible for strengthening and expanding VolunteerMatch's business solutions with a focus on our Open Network API subscription service. The role will also oversee legacy revenue streams, nonprofit strategic partnerships and all business solutions retention revenue. Candidates will have exceptional business development, partnership and sales experience.
VolunteerMatch's award-winning service supports the web's largest volunteer engagement network. The Business development team is providing solutions that create new possibilities for strategic, scalable and impactful volunteer engagement programs.
- Lead VolunteerMatch's business development and sales activities as a key member of the senior leadership team
- Strengthen and expand VolunteerMatch's community of partners, clients and allies.
- Coach, mentor and invest in talent and teamwork
- Strengthen systems for prospecting and pipeline management for current and emerging market opportunities
- Forecast and achieve annual revenue targets
- Manage and expand an overall business pipeline, including travel
- Use Salesforce.com and other tools to provide accurate and reliable sales forecasts, lead nurturing activity and engagement
- Provide regular pipeline reports for management and the board
- Support and sustain strategic partnerships and client retention
- Manage contract negotiations, new sales and renewals
- Work closely with Marketing and Communication team on market education and positioning
- 5-10 years demonstrated success in relationship management, sales and business development
- Passion for technology, volunteering and the social sector
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Strong networking skills
- Experience selling into environments with VP, EVP and C-level stakeholders
- Experience managing a large prospect base, working with 3rd party platform partners and managing multiple deals concurrently in different stages
- Strong technical experience and knowledge
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills, contact management, and attention to detail
- Ongoing volunteer experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of API business development and partnerships
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in corporate social responsibility
- Strong professional and social media networks
Salary & Benefits:
Salary and incentives based on experience. The position is full-time and includes health, dental and a 401k matching plan. It also includes 1 day a month of paid time-off to volunteer. VolunteerMatch is an equal-opportunity employer headquartered in downtown Oakland, CA.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include in your subject line, “Vice President, Business Development”. No phone calls please.
VolunteerMatch believes that everyone should have an opportunity to make a difference that is why it builds award-winning web services to create better ways for good people and good causes to connect.
VolunteerMatch is the Web’s largest volunteer engagement network, with more than 125,000 participating nonprofits, 125+ companies and 15 million visitors a year. Founded in 1998, VolunteerMatch offers solutions to make it easier for individuals, nonprofits and companies to make a difference. Since its launch, VolunteerMatch has helped the social sector engage more than $13 billion worth of volunteer services. VolunteerMatch is a two-time Webby Award winner, a Smithsonian inductee, and has been recognized for its work by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Time, Oprah Winfrey and Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama. To learn more, visit www.volunteermatch.org and solutions.volunteermatch.org.
Our mission is to make it easier for good people and good causes to connect. Learn more about VolunteerMatch and our mission to help everyone find a great place to volunteer.