VolunteerMatch is the Web's largest volunteer engagement network supporting more than 100,000 nonprofits, 170 business leaders and 13 million visitors per year.
Founded in 1998, VolunteerMatch offers solutions to make it easier for individuals, nonprofits and companies to make a difference. The award-winning nonprofit service supports some of America's most recognized institutions. To date, the VolunteerMatch network has helped its nonprofit members attract more than $6.8 billion worth of volunteer services.
VolunteerMatch is a two-time Webby Award winner, a Smithsonian inductee, and has been recognized for its work by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Time, Oprah and former Presidents Clinton and Bush.
Position Available: Product Manager
Position Location: San Francisco, CA
VolunteerMatch (www.volunteermatch.org) is all about connecting good people with good causes. As the world's largest volunteering marketplace, we provide amazing products and services to connect non-profits and volunteers around the world. We also power corporate social responsibility programs via our employee volunteer management application. We are very proud of our products and hope you will want to join the team that is making the world a better place.
As a Product Manager you will be shaping the future of our consumer, corporate and API products. You will be a key member of the team and will report directly the Vice President of Product.
- Propose new features and enhancements to the VM sites based on customer and market needs.
- Triage bugs that are reported by our customers and the support team and make recommendations regarding whether to fix or not and the priority.
- Write stories, technical requirements and acceptance criteria for new features on the site.
- Create wireframes and work with designer on finished designs for all stories in the sprint
- Provide input into the overall VolunteerMatch Product Roadmap
- Use AB Testing tools to test designs and verify assumptions
- Work with Senior PM to manage agile development process; including reviewing and prioritizing bugs, estimation, scheduling, demos and post-mortems.
- Act as product owner for specific features and flows on the site.
- Provide descriptions and training documents to other departments to educate them about upcoming features in the product and help with external communication to customers.
- 2-4 years of product management experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required
- Ability to work in a cross-functional development environment and manage multiple projects and relationships at one time
- Demonstrated track record of developing user stories and wireframes
- Experienced user of Jira, Pivotal Tracker or other sprint management software
- Familiarity with wire framing tools, web analytics, APIs and Social Graphs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The position is full-time and will include a generous health, vision and dental package as well as a 401(k) retirement plan. We encourage our staff members to volunteer by allowing up to 12 days per year Volunteer Time Off as well as 19 days per year PTO.
Email your resume along with a cover letter outlining your interest in VolunteerMatch to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Associate, Client Services
Associate, Client Services
VolunteerMatch, the Web's largest volunteer engagement network, has an immediate opening for a dynamic, energetic and skilled Associate, Client Services. This is an amazing opportunity to put your skills to good use with one of the nonprofit sector's leading social enterprises.
We are looking for motivated problem solver to provide support to VolunteerMatch';s community of users and administrators. You will play a key role by assisting them with training, problem solving and resource materials. You will also play a role in the ongoing development of the service as an advocate and voice of the user.
The Associate, Client Services will report to the Manager, Client Services, Support.
What will your responsibilities be?
- You will provide timely, high quality email and phone support to VolunteerMatch's user-base of volunteers and administrators
- You will write, edit and manage content in our robust Help Centers
- You will prepare and manage outbound support communications via email and social media to our customers
- You will assist in creating and providing training resources for our users
- You will manage feedback from users and assist in sharing bugs with our technical support team
- You will assist in training and support of our volunteers
- You will analyze feedback to suggest improvements to our product team and consult on product changes as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have a BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- You are skilled in customer service, problem solving and improving processes
- You are tech savvy and interested in emerging technologies
- You are familiar with volunteer management best practices
- You have competent written, verbal, interpersonal, and social media communication skills
- You're a passionate team-player who can contribute your talents towards promoting social responsibility
- Previous use of Zendesk and JIRA is a plus
- Web design and/or database experience is a plus
How To Apply:
Email your resume and a few paragraphs about yourself and why you'd like to work at VolunteerMatch to email@example.com with "Associate, Client Services" in the subject line.
Our mission is to make it easier for good people and good causes to connect. Learn more about VolunteerMatch and our mission to help everyone find a great place to volunteer.