VolunteerMatch is the Web's largest volunteer engagement network supporting more than 100,000 nonprofits, 170 business leaders and 13 million visitors per year.
Founded in 1998, VolunteerMatch offers solutions to make it easier for individuals, nonprofits and companies to make a difference. The award-winning nonprofit service supports some of America's most recognized institutions. To date, the VolunteerMatch network has helped its nonprofit members attract more than $6.8 billion worth of volunteer services.
VolunteerMatch is a two-time Webby Award winner, a Smithsonian inductee, and has been recognized for its work by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Time, Oprah and former Presidents Clinton and Bush.
Sales Director, VolunteerMatch Solutions
VolunteerMatch, the web’s largest volunteer engagement network, is looking for a talented and accomplished enterprise sales professional with a passion for volunteering and corporate social responsibility (CSR) for the position of Sales Director.
We are proud of our mission! We believe everyone should have the chance to make a difference. That’s why we make it easy for good people and good causes to connect. We’ve connected millions of people with a great place to volunteer and helped thousands of organizations better leverage volunteers to create real impact.
The Director will help companies solve employee volunteer engagement challenges through VolunteerMatch's award-winning products and services. Candidates will have exceptional consultative sales abilities, networking skills, and a demonstrated talent for closing business.
Technical sales skills are preferred. The Director will be representing an API product, a SaaS product, and also web services and support. Being able to excel in a space that is continually changing and evolving is challenging, but it's also extremely rewarding and fun!
- Close new business and exceed quarterly sales targets.
- Identify and manage new VolunteerMatch Solutions prospects.
- Manage and expand an existing pipeline, including travel.
- Build relationships. Act as a resource and sell consultatively with corporate managers and decision makers in the areas of: Volunteer Engagement, Community Relations, Corporate Foundations, Human Relations, Public Affairs and Marketing.
- Use Salesforce, Pardot and other tools to provide accurate and reliable sales forecasts, lead nurturing activity and engagement.
- Manage your pipeline from lead generation, opportunity/need assessment, presentation/demonstration, quoting, contract, negotiation to close won.
- Represent VolunteerMatch's expanding portfolio of services including Commercial- Use APIs, nonprofit Preferred Partnerships solutions and Cause Sponsorship packages.
- Coordinate marketing and communication campaigns with VolunteerMatch’s Engagement group.
- Attend, participate and drive attendance to seminars, events and trade conferences.
- Support the seamless transfer of new clients to our talented Client Services group.
- 3-7 years demonstrated success in relationship management and corporate consultative sales.
Exceptional networking skills.
Experience selling into environments with VP, EVP and C-level stakeholders.
Demonstrable track record of exceeding quarterly sales targets.
Experience managing a large prospect base, an extended sales cycle, and managing multiple deals concurrently in different stages.
Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and explain them clearly to prospects in person and via a web-demonstration.
Ability to open doors and secure appointments.
Highly self-motivated, ability to work and succeed on your own.
Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Excellent organizational skills, contact management, and attention to detail.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of SaaS, enterprise business solutions.
- Knowledge of API products, enterprise business solutions.
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in corporate social responsibility.
- Strong professional and social media network skills.
Salary & Benefits:
The position includes a leveraged compensation plan structured with on-target variable comp of 30% and a base of 70%. Variable compensation is uncapped and with attractive incentives to exceed targeted goals. The position is full-time and includes health, dental and a 401k matching plan. It also includes 1 day a month of paid time-off to volunteer. VolunteerMatch is an equal-opportunity employer headquartered in San Francisco.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your subject line, “Sales Director." No phone calls please.
Our mission is to make it easier for good people and good causes to connect. Learn more about VolunteerMatch and our mission to help everyone find a great place to volunteer.