Girl Scouting builds girls of Courage, Confidence, and Character, who make the world a better place.
The Council currently serves 15,000 girls and 5,000 adults through Girl Scouting and is proud of the over 1,100 Girl Scout troops it serves. It provides a positive, nurturing environment for girl members ages 5 through 17 (kindergarten through grade 12) who subscribe to its ideals as stated in the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama Programs
Girl Scouting is committed to being the organization serving all girls. This is carried out through a variety of informal educational programs under the leadership of caring, trained volunteers and staff. Program events and camping opportunities are available year-round with enrichment opportunities offered in other countries. On average, each girl participates in approximately 85 to 100 hours of Girl Scout programs each year.
Our organization is committed to valuing diversity and keeping pace with an ever-changing world. Girl Scouting offers valuable opportunities for urban, suburban, and rural girls and adults of all income levels, religious, and ethnic backgrounds to work and play together.
Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama Properties
The Fehr Fowler Service Center, which serves as Corporate headquarters and include the Council shop, is located in the Inverness area of Birmingham just off Hwy. 280. The Council also owns and operates six camps for its membership and for community groups.
- Camp Gertrude Coleman, established in 1925, is a 140-acre site located east of Trussville on the Cahaba River in Jefferson County.
- Kanawahala Program Center (KPC), a 600-acre site with a 45-acre lake, is located in Shelby County.
- Camp Trico is a beautiful 109-acre wooded lot on the shore of Lake Guntersville.
- Camp Anderel near Rogersville is a wooded site of 187 acres nestled between Anderson Creek and the Elk River.
- Camp Tombigbee in Greene County was purchased in 2001, and has a beautiful 97-acre site.
- Camp Cottaquilla in Calhoun County
The Council also operates service centers in Huntsville, Gadsden, Florence and Tuscaloosa.
Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama accepts donations. Donate Now.
- Heather Sellers
- 1-800-734-4541, ext 1238
- Need admin access?