Maryland Branch of the International Dyslexia Association
The Maryland Branch of the International Dyslexia Association (MBIDA) operates in the State of Maryland under the umbrella of the International Dyslexia Association to advance the mission of IDA as well as to provide members with opportunities to participate in the organization's activities as the grassroots level.
MBIDA operates an information and referral hotline, published an e-newsletter at least 4 times a year, and holds a general membership meeting at least once a year. Its Board of Directors meets at least 4 times per year to oversee the operations of the Branch and plan and implement branch activities. Customarily, MBIDA hosts a conference in Maryland yearly. MBIDA's membership and conference audience consists of general educators, special educators, speech and language pathologists, medical professionals, parents, individuals with dyslexia and general supporter living throughout the state of Maryland.
The International Dyslexia Association (IDA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, scientific, and educational organization dedicated to the study and treatment of the learning disability,dyslexia as well as related language-based learning differences.
We are the oldest such organization in the U.S. serving individuals with dyslexia, their families, and professionals in the field. We number some 11,000 members - 60% in the field of education and 20% are individuals with dyslexia or parents of children who are dyslexic.
We operate 47 Branches throughout the U.S. and Canada, and have 10 Global Partners including the countries of Brazil, Czech Republic, Israel, and The Philippines.
Our annual budget of $2.1 million is funded by private donations, membership dues, foundation grants, sale of publications, conferences, and other development efforts. IDA receives no government funding. IDA has an all-volunteer Board of Directors.
IDA focuses resources in four essential areas:
IDA as an information provider:
- 30,000-40,000 direct inquiries to our headquarters office and 47 Branches
- 250,000 website visitors annually
- An interactive web-based dyslexia forum open to members and non-members alike
- 47 Branches conducting local conferences, workshops and support groups
- An annual conference bringing 200-300 experts in the field together with approximately 3,000 individuals who are concerned with the issue of dyslexia and other learning disabilities
- A content distributor to international affiliates for dissemination in their countrie
The Maryland Branch of The International Dyslexia Association (MBIDA) believes that all individuals have the right to achieve their full potential and that individual learning abilities can be strengthened.
- serve as a resource for individuals and groups seeking information about Specific Language Disability/Dyslexia;
- promote and organize classes and workshops to provide information and training for dyslexic individuals, educators, parents and others;
- encourage the development of resources for dyslexic individuals;
- recognize achievement for individual efforts in the field of dyslexia; and when possible, offer monetary support for any of our stated goals.
- Address P.O. Box 792Brooklandvlle, MD 21022
- Lucinda Draine
- Community, Disabled, Education & Literacy, Health & Medicine, Justice & Legal
There are no reviews for Maryland Branch of the International Dyslexia Association; be the first to review Maryland Branch of the International Dyslexia Association.