Adopt a Village International
We work to provide short-term relief to communities in need and we make long-term capital commitments that will improve the community's overall quality of life.
We fulfill these objectives by providing BASIC humanitarian serives:
* Basic short and long term medical care
* Assistance in developing educational & literacy programs
* Sanitation & water purification systems
* Instruction and partnership in micro-enterprise
* Collaborative training in leadership development
The exploratory phase of a Adopt-a-Village International project identifies a community in need. In most cases individuals want to improve conditions in their community but lack the material resources to realize their goals.
In the short term, we network with community leaders to assess local needs & requests. Together we define the immediate needs of the community and devise a long-term plan for executing more comprehensive projects. Our long-term goals are to provide ongoing, self-supporting solutions with a strong emphasis on education, sustainable construction techniques & local materials.
Our core values are Integrity, Effectiveness, Sustainability, Stewardship, & Inclusiveness.
Some of our projects have involved developing clean water wells, wheelchairs, sanitary facilities, hygiene, dental education, medical & construction trips.
Our partners are: The Wheelchair Foundation, North Colorado Springs Rotary Club & Fundacion Cimas del Ecuador.
Mission is to connect people and resources to humanitarian needs around the world, to end the cycle of poverty.
- Address P.O. Box 26599Colorado Springs, CO 80936
- Maggie Adams-Holway
- Education & Literacy, Health & Medicine, International