Tacoma Urban League
Male involvement project that deals with four ethnicities, for students of color.
- African American
- Asian/Pacific Islander
- Native American
Program is based at the Tacoma Urban League, but will be conducted with our community based partners and schools.
Program deals with middle school aged youth. Students have been labeled "at risk" and all are males of color.
Program is looking for interested males of color to participate.
Tacoma Urban League assists African Americans, other ethnic minorities and economically disadvantaged individuals and families in the achievement of social equality and economic independence.
Through advocacy, service delivery and research, the Tacoma Urban League:
- Conducts specialized programs and provides services that sustain, improve and facilitate the growth, development, and education of individuals and families;
- Intervenes and advocates in social, economic, and public policy arenas where the interests of the League's constituents are at stake;
- Strengthens race relations and builds bridges of understanding for an integrated, culturally diverse and pluralistic society;
- Mobilizes, organizes and coordinates professional service providers and community groups to ensure their full development and self-sufficiency; and
- Participates in fact-finding and assessment to increase community awareness of the social and economic needs of the League's constituents.
- Address 2550 S. Yakima AveTacoma, WA 98405
- Sanau Ellis
- 253) 383-2007
- 253) 383-4818
- Children & Youth, Community, Education & Literacy, Politics, Race & Ethnicity
There are no reviews for Tacoma Urban League; be the first to review Tacoma Urban League.