We help our community learn, dream, and create!(TM)
We provide programs, grants, and fellowships that:
- Promote enthusiasm for learning;
- Encourage high aspirations; and
- Support innovation, creativity, and vitality
in the youth and community of Spencer-Van Etten.
The Youth and Community Foundation of Spencer-Van Etten is a 501(c)(3) public charity established in 2001 to enhance quality educational opportunities throughout our rural community in Upstate New York.
Since 2001, we have invested more than $250,000 to help our community learn, dream, and create!(TM). We have:
- Awarded more than 80 mini-grants worth a combined total of over $50,000.
- Conducted annual Imagination Fairs for Middle School students.
- Provided senior citizens programs such as the Seniors Information and Referral Service, "Your Life As A Senior" role-playing, and Senior Fitness programs.
- Offered over 50 free computer classes and computer lab time via the Community Access to Technology Program (C-A-T).
- Sponsored the S-VE Outstanding Senior Award with a $1,000 cash award.
- Awarded student fellowships for special advanced study opportunities.
- Partnered as fiscal sponsor for Friends of Music and S-VE Friends of Art.
- Hosted The Children's Fund (aka The Nurses Fund) to help local school children with financial need.
Youth and Community Foundation of Spencer-Van Etten accepts donations. Donate Now.
- John Palomaki
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!