Youth and Community Foundation of Spencer-Van Etten
The Youth and Community Foundation of Spencer-Van Etten is a 501(c)(3) public charity established in 2001 to enhance quality educational opportunities throughout our rural community in Upstate New York.
Since 2001, we have invested more than $250,000 to help our community learn, dream, and create!(TM). We have:
- Awarded more than 80 mini-grants worth a combined total of over $50,000.
- Conducted annual Imagination Fairs for Middle School students.
- Provided senior citizens programs such as the Seniors Information and Referral Service, "Your Life As A Senior" role-playing, and Senior Fitness programs.
- Offered over 50 free computer classes and computer lab time via the Community Access to Technology Program (C-A-T).
- Sponsored the S-VE Outstanding Senior Award with a $1,000 cash award.
- Awarded student fellowships for special advanced study opportunities.
- Partnered as fiscal sponsor for Friends of Music and S-VE Friends of Art.
- Hosted The Children's Fund (aka The Nurses Fund) to help local school children with financial need.
We help our community learn, dream, and create!(TM)
We provide programs, grants, and fellowships that:
- Promote enthusiasm for learning;
- Encourage high aspirations; and
- Support innovation, creativity, and vitality
in the youth and community of Spencer-Van Etten.
- Address PO Box 600Spencer, NY 14883
- John Palomaki
- Arts & Culture, Children & Youth, Community, Education & Literacy, Seniors
There are no reviews for Youth and Community Foundation of Spencer-Van Etten; be the first to review Youth and Community Foundation of Spencer-Van Etten.