Muscular Dystrophy Association, Central Arkansas Chapter
- MDA covers 43 neuromuscular diseases.
- We have clinics at University of Arkansas School for Medical Sciences (UAMS) and Arkansas Children s Hospital and an MDA/ALS center at UAMS. These are all funded by grants that we provide through our LOCAL fundraising.
- We provide the following services to over 500 patients in the Little Rock District that register with us at no cost to the patient:
- Initial diagnosis
- Follow-up medical care
- Physical, occupational and respiratory therapy evaluation
- Assistance with purchase and repair of wheelchairs, genetic counseling, influenza vaccinations.
- We fund summer camps for kids ages 6-21. It is a week of fun where these kids can feel normal and do things they ordinarily cannot do, such as fish, swim, dance, arts and crafts. All activities are modified for their disabilities.
- We coordinate emotional and practical support groups for individuals affected by neuromuscular diseases and for their families.
- MDA funds over 400 grants worldwide for medical research at the most renowned universities and medical centers.
- MDA's programs are funded almost entirely by the voluntary contributions of concerned individuals and cooperating organizations. MDA seeks no government grants, United Way funding, or fees from those it serves. In 2004-2005, 76.4% of every dollary MDA spent went directly to program services, with only 23.6% going to supporting services.
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is a voluntary health agency -- a dedicated partnership between scientists and concerned citizens aimed at conquering neuromuscular diseases that affect more than a million Americans. MDA combats neuromuscular diseases through programs of worldwide research, comprehensive medical and community services, and far-reaching professional and public health education.
- Address 204 Executive Court, Ste. 208Little Rock, AR 72205
- Mandy Stanton
- Health & Medicine
There are no reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association, Central Arkansas Chapter; be the first to review Muscular Dystrophy Association, Central Arkansas Chapter.