The Mission of Stop the Silence: Stop Child Sexual Abuse, Inc. (Stop the Silence), a 501(c)(3) organization incorporated in 2004,is to expose and stop child sexual abuse (CSA) and help survivors heal worldwide. Our Goals are to: 1) help stop CSA and related forms of violence; 2) promote healing of victims and survivors; and 3) celebrate the lives of those healed.
Through our work, we aim to address the relationships between CSA and the broader issues of overall family and community violence, and violence within and between communities. Our focus underscores a needed focus on positive development within social complexes (e.g., relationships between men, women, adults and children, cultural groups) to support peaceful - and to hinder violence-prone - relationships. Our areas of focus are: 1) support for services; 2) advocacy; 3) training of service providers; 4) community education and outreach; 5) policy; 6) research and evaluation; and 7) other prevention measures (e.g., a focus on offenders).
Examples of successful Stop the Silence programming include:
- Queendom T.E.A. (The Etiquette Academy), a service program for at-risk 13-19 year old girls currently funded largely by donations;
- National Children's Bench Book Project - a Symposium on Improving Judicial Responses to Child Sexual Abuse funded by HHS, the Ford Foundation and DOJ;
- Talk Around the Clock, a Web-based, real-time sharing, global advocacy, education, and information program conducted in collaboration with Durbin Institute of Technology in South Africa, The Global Lesson Foundation in Canada, Survivors Healing Center in California, and the Spiritual Alliance against Intimate Violence in California;
- The Race to Stop the Silence, an annual advocacy program that directly reaches thousands and reaches millions through the media., and
- Community education, outreach an training, in Maryland and other states and countries, funded largely by local foundations.
Stop the Silence: Stop Child Sexual Abuse accepts donations. Donate Now.
- Pamela Pine
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!