The purpose of People to People International is to enhance international understanding and friendship through educational, cultural and humanitarian activities involving the exchange of ideas and experiences directly among peoples of different count... Read more
The purpose of People to People International is to enhance international understanding and friendship through educational, cultural and humanitarian activities involving the exchange of ideas and experiences directly among peoples of different countries and diverse cultures.Our Beliefs
- We believe that greater understanding between individuals and peoples worldwide reveals universal values and aspirations.
- We believe international educational and cultural exchange among youth further ensures long-term friendship and understanding.
- We believe we all benefit from sharing different approaches to solving common problems.
- We believe that individuals can often be more effective than governments in promoting human relationships and world peace.
- We believe if people can better understand other cultures, they are more tolerant and accepting of differences.
- We believe that citizens of all countries need personal contact with other people and cultures.
- We believe we need to ensure the enduring legacy of People to People International.
- We believe that People to People International is inspirational!
- We believe in people!
- We believe in Peace through Understanding!
Established in 1956, People to People International (PTPI) has a presence in 135 countries with more than 80,000 families and individuals participating in its programs for students and adults. It also has offices in Berlin, Germany (www.ptpe.org) and Cairo, Egypt (www.ptpime.org).
PTPI is dedicated to enhancing cross-cultural communication within and across communities and nations. Tolerance and mutual understanding are central themes. While not a partisan or political institution, PTPI supports the basic values and goals of its founder, President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
PTPI is a nongovernmental, not-for-profit organization headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri USA. It is a voluntary effort of private citizens promoting international understanding through direct people-to-people contacts. PTPI qualifies for exemption from income tax under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3). The organization is funded by program fees, membership dues and donations.
People to People International accepts donations. Donate Now.
- Rebecca Nunn
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!