Arthritis Foundation Northern California Office
The Arthritis Foundation Northern California Office:
- partners with community organizations to provide people with arthritis access to evidence-based physical activity programs (aquatic exercise, land-based exercise, tai chi & walking)
- offers free educational seminars & patient education brochures
- provides support and activities for children with Juvenile Arthritis & their families
- referrals to local rheumatologists, support groups
- funds arthritis research both locally and nationally
- provides physicians with continuing medical education in the form of the annual Knowles Lecture
- offers the Summer Science Intership Program which provides top-notch HS juniors and seniors & college frosh & sophomores the ability to work in arthritis research at UCSF & Stanford.
THE TRUTH ABOUT ARTHRITIS
Is the #1 cause of disability in the US.
2/3 of all cases are in people UNDER the age of 65, including 300,000 children - more than cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy and sickle cell anemia combined. Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis is one of the most common chronic childhood diseases & CA has more cases than any other state (38,000).
Refers to more than 120 different diseases - many of which include joint and organ inflammation - whose common denominators are chronic pain & loss of mobility.
Over 50 million people have doctor diagnosed arthritis in the US. Locally, 2 million Northern Californians have some form of arthritis.
Arthritis limits the activities and work of 21 million Americans.
In 2011, the cost to the US economy of arthritis was $128 billion in direct medical expense and lost wages.
The mission of the Arthritis Foundation is to improve lives through leadership in the prevention, control and cure of arthritis and related diseases.
Established in 1948, AF is a volunteer-driven, national nonprofit organization dedicated to finding a cure for over 120 types of arthritis including:
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- juvenile arthritis;
- back pain;
- psoriatic arthritis
- ankylosing spondylitis;
- scleroderma; and
- carpal tunnel syndrome.
The Northern California Office is located in San Francisco and serves 16 counties--from the Oregon border to Carmel--including:
- Del Norte;
- Contra Costa;
- San Francisco;
- San Mateo;
- Santa Clara;
- San Benito;
- Santa Cruz; and
- Address 657 Mission Street, Suite 603San Francisco, CA 94105
- Cecilia Haywood
- Advocacy & Human Rights, Children & Youth, Health & Medicine, People with Disabilities, Seniors
There are no reviews for Arthritis Foundation Northern California Office; be the first to review Arthritis Foundation Northern California Office.