Willamette Humane Society
The Willamette Humane Society (WHS) was founded in 1965 by local civic leaders and serves Marion and Polk counties. Dedicated to promoting the welfare of animals through leadership, education and action, WHS exists to
- provide a temporary shelter for discarded, abused, abandoned, and lost cats and dogs
- complete families by matching companion animals with people
- lead the community by teaching respect and compassion for animals.
Willamette Humane Society is an independent, private nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization that receives no government funding or financial support from local, regional or national humane organizations. To deliver services to the community WHS relies solely on donor support, fees for service, and for profit ventures, such as the Willamette Humane Society Thrift Store , Helping Paws Thrift Store and Davenport’s Den retail pet supply store located inside the shelter.
Promoting the welfare of animals through leadership, education and action
- Address 4246 Turner Rd SEP.O. Box 13005Salem, OR 97309
- BJ Andersen
- (503) 585-5900 ext. 312
- (503) 585-7906
- Animals, Community, Homeless & Housing