Long Island Blood Services/New York Blood Center
Accomplishing its mission through development of a critical mass of outstanding and dedicated individuals, either directly or through strategic partnerships, New York Blood Center will continue its legacy of being recognized worldwide as a comprehensive center of excellence.
With an unwavering commitment to excellence, quality, service, innovation and leadership in every area, New York Blood Center embraces and values the highest ethical, humanitarian, medical and scientific standards including compassion, respect, integrity, and caring for all people including the donor and patient, and the acquisition, sharing and application of knowledge, thus fostering a corporate and civic culture to continually earn and maintain the public trust.
As one of the most preeminent and comprehensive blood centers in the world, New York Blood Center operates under a four part mission. Specifically, New York Blood Center exists:
- To provide the highest quality blood and stem cell products, and related medical and consultative services, to hospitals and patients primarily in the greater New York metropolitan area;
- To conduct the highest quality, novel and innovative research in the fields of hematology, blood banking and transfusion medicine, and cellular therapies, thus advancing these fields, and positively impacting the public health;
- To develop products, technologies, and services in the fields of hematology, blood banking and transfusion medicine, and cellular therapies, with the potential to have worldwide humanitarian impact; and
- To train the next generation of leaders in each of these fields.
- Address 1200 Prospect AveWestbury, NY 11590
- Natalie Barnofsky
- (516) 478-5108
- (516) 478-5010
- Community, Health & Medicine, Seniors