The Board is responsible under New York State Election Law for the following: Voter registration, outreach and processing Maintain and update voter records Processing and verification of candidate petitions/documents Campaign finance disclosures of c... Read more
The Board is responsible under New York State Election Law for the following:
- Voter registration, outreach and processing
- Maintain and update voter records
- Processing and verification of candidate petitions/documents
- Campaign finance disclosures of candidates and campaign committees
- Recruiting, training and assigning the various Election Day officers to conduct elections
- Operate poll site locations
- Maintain, repair, setup and deploy the Election Day operation equipment
- Ensure each voter their right to vote at the polls or by absentee ballot
- Canvassing and certification of the vote
- Voter education, notification and dissemination of election information
- Preparation of maps of various political subdivisions
The Board of Elections in the City of New York is an administrative body of ten Commissioners, two from each borough upon recommendation by both political parties and then appointed by the City Council for a term of four years. The Commissioners appoint a bipartisan staff to oversee the daily activities of its main and five borough offices.
- Valerie Vazquez
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!