Greater Lansing Food Bank
The Greater Lansing Food Bank is a non-profit organization that provides emergency food to individuals and families in need in Ingham, Eaton, Clinton, Gratiot, Shiawassee, Isabella and Clare counties. Food is distributed through an extensive network of food pantries and community kitchens located throughout the region. The Food Bank annually serves tens of thousands of people, many of them seniors and children. Our recipients also include the "working poor," those individuals who are employed but don’t earn enough to meet housing, health, transportation and food needs.
Our ability to feed families and individuals through pantries and community kitchens is directly related to the generosity of the citizens in the community. We obtain donations through the annual Envelope Campaign, Empty Bowls Lunch and Dinner, Empty Plate Dinner and Auction and through contributions provided throughout the year by individuals and businesses. We also receive donations of food through food drives sponsored by businesses, organizations, churches and individuals.
The Greater Lansing Food Bank Mission:
- To raise money, food and in-kind contributions for meeting the emergency food needs of Ingham, Clinton, Eaton, Shiawassee, Gratiot, Clare and Isabella counties;
- To coordinate and support the work of the food pantries in the area;
- To promote, encourage and emphasize self-help programs toward the goal of self-sufficiency; and
- To educate the community on hunger issues
- Address 2116 Mint RdLansing, MI 48906
- Volunteer Coordinator
- (517) 908-3698
- (517) 908-3681
- Advocacy & Human Rights, Children & Youth, Community, Hunger
There are no reviews for Greater Lansing Food Bank; be the first to review Greater Lansing Food Bank.