Citizens Caring for Children
Citizens Caring for Children is a non-profit organization that provides resouces to children living in foster care.
Through five programs Citizens Caring for Children develops self esteem, develops character and creates healthy futures to break the cycle of abuse and neglect.
1. Mentor Program - Through the Mentor Program children living in foster care are matched with trained mentors who serve as a postive role model. Requirements: One year of service, complete training and clear background check, spend 6-8 hours per month with mentee, attend quarterly in-service training.
2. Santa Stop - Provides presents to children living in foster care. CCC Staff and volunteers sort gifts and get them ready for pick up by foster parents, group homes and social workers for delivery to foster children. Event occurs at Target located off NW 50th & May in Oklahoma City from November 29-December 17.
3. Back to School- Provides children living in foster care with school supplies, a backpack and a complete new outfit with shoes, socks and undergarments to start the school year off on the right foot. Occurs every August.
4. Shelter Birthday Party - Occurs monthly at the Oklahoma county shelter. Celebration of children living in the shelter complete with entertainment, reading, lunch, cupcakes and presents!
5. Resource Center - Provides children living in foster care with new clothing, shoes, socks, undergarments, books, toiletry items, coats, pajamas and more, four (4) times per year. The Resource Center is set up like a boutique for a great shopping experience.
Citizens caring for children breaks the cycle of abuse and neglect, by addressing the material, emotional, intellectual and spiritial needs of the foster children we serve... because every child deserves the chance for a better life.
- Address 730 W. Wilshire Creek Blvd.Suite 112Oklahoma City, OK 73116
- Melba Frazier
- Advocacy & Human Rights, Children & Youth, Community, Crisis Support, Emergency & Safety
There are no reviews for Citizens Caring for Children; be the first to review Citizens Caring for Children.