Volunteers have Accelerated Bible Translation throughout the history of Wycliffe Associates
In 1967, three people deeply concerned about the future of Bible translation--Bill Butler, Dale Kietzman, and Rudy Renfer--realized that translators were spending an increasing amount of their time in non-translation tasks. Building and maintaining facilities, doing office work and accounting, vehicle maintenance, and a myriad of other practical tasks were absorbing more and more of their time. They saw that laypeople with a heart for service and a wide variety of skills could accelerate Bible translation by freeing up thousands of hours of translation time each year. These three men also knew that volunteering in the mission field would increase Christians' awareness of opportunities for their personal involvement in fulfilling the Great Commission to bring God's Word to every tongue and every heart in the world. So Wycliffe Associates was founded.
Worldwide, millions of people are waiting for a Bible to be written in a language they can understand--the language of their heart. Translators are working throughout the world to start translation projects in every language needing one by the year 2025. This massive undertaking is called Vision 2025. To meet this goal, translators need the help of Wycliffe Associates volunteers.
Through the years, thousands of volunteers--people like you--have given generously of themselves to provide practical help to Bible translation personnel around the world. The result: more translations provided sooner to more people who need to hear God's Word.
- Construction workers design buildings; do framing, wiring, and bricklaying; install utilities; build translation centers; pave roads; build airstrips; and provide schools, offices, and housing
- Other volunteers make vital contributions on short-term mission trips, providing Vacation Bible School programs, accounting, mechanics, and other services
- Families open their homes to traveling missionaries through the Hospitality Ministry, support the Wycliffe Associates Linen Closet Ministry, and raise funds for projects through the Wycliffe Associates Banquet Ministry
- Only the Lord knows the impact of the hours of prayer on the part of Wycliffe Associates Prayer Watch members
You can be involved in this great work, too, when you pray, go, tell, and give. We urgently need more volunteers across the country and around the world. Discover what thousands of our volunteers find out every year: Sharing your talents, time, and treasure to bring the Word of God to Bibleless people fills you with joy and brings blessings into your life! To the glory of God, together we can speed the work of Bible translation.
Involving people in the advancement of Bible translation.
- Address 11450 Translation WayOrlando, FL 32832
- Erika Klingenberger
- Computers & Technology, Education & Literacy, Faith-Based, International, Seniors
There are no reviews for Wycliffe Associates; be the first to review Wycliffe Associates.