Feed The Children
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Feed The Children Houston! Read below for a little more information regarding our volunteer program and how to get started.
Why do we need volunteers?
Feed The Children, is a non profit organization based out of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Our mission is to help 'provide hope and resources to those with out life’s essentials.’
We strive to assist families all across the United States, who are currently having a rough time, due to the low economy, sudden job loss, or have unfortunately been affected by a natural disaster. We do this by partnering with various agency's, churches and corporate companies who distribute these goods to their local community.
Every family we help receives a Food Box which is filled with various canned goods and non perishable food items and a Personal Care/Hygiene Box filled with every day essentials, such as toiletries, oral care products, soaps, etc. Along with these two boxes, with our great partnership with AVON; families also receive a small box, which we like to call our emotional box which has a variety of AVON brand products, such as perfumes, make up, jewelry, clothing, etc. These items help provide a little extra to uplift everyone’s spirit.
In order to provide families with these neatly packed boxes, we rely on volunteers to assist us with a variety of different behind the scene tasks that aide in packing neat, plentiful filled boxes to these deserving families. Depending on our needs for that week/day, these tasks include but are not limited to:
Packing various canned goods and/or hygiene products into boxes on an assembly line
Make boxes for future packing
Sort through donated books for any deemed inappropriate for school aged kids
Prep products for easy packing by removing any plastic or excess cardboard.
Volunteer Dates & Times:
All volunteers must schedule prior to arriving. Times are flexible and can be accommodated to meet your needs.
*However some days and times can be limited due to prior engagements, staff schedules and our current needs for the week.
Wednesdays 10a - 12p-noon & 1p-3p
Thursdays 10a - 12p-noon & 1p-3p
Fridays 9a - 12p-noon
Saturdays limited dates and shifts --contact for next available.
Afternoon sessions are available for groups of 35 or more: 6p - 8p Wednesdays & Thursdays only (some dates are limited)
Rules & Policies:
- Must schedule prior to coming into volunteer.
- Court Appointed Community Service is notaccepted, (forms/letters will not be signed or given for court ordered service).
- Everyone is required to read & sign our Volunteer Agreement/Waiver Form
- Closed Toe Shoes are a required. For safety reasons no sandals/flip flops allowed.
- Leave all Purses/Totes/Backpacks/Valuables etc, at home or in your vehicle. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Volunteer Groups - can be as small as 5 and as large as 50. Any youth groups must have 1 adult per every 10 youth.
- All volunteers must be at least 12 years old
I look forward to hearing back from you soon. Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions or concerns at email@example.com or my direct line at 713.331.1035.
Feed The Children's mission is to Provide hope and resources for those without life’s essentials
- Address 4701 Blalock RdHouston, TX 77041
- Yarlenn Hinojosa
- Children & Youth, Community, Disaster Relief, Faith-Based, Hunger