PET THERAPY VOLUNTEER Somerset, PA
The AseraCare Hospice Pet Therapy program is one of many alternative treatment programs used to help in the care of patients with terminal illnesses. Trained volunteers and their certified pets visit our patients bringing joy, warmth and companionship. The companionship that our volunteer pets provide can help to fill their lonely days and ease any feelings of isolation.
Pet therapy can bring a sense of peace and trust to our patients and help them to relieve stress. Pets often open the door to communication, making it easier for the patient to open up and talk with someone who is new to them. The benefits of Pet Therapy continue long after the visit.
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
- Where 201 Hospital DriveMeyersdale, PA 15552
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per month
- TB and Drug Screen provided
- A HOSPICE Companion VOLUNTEER...
- A HOSPICE VOLUNTEER needed -...
- A Hospice Companion needed in...
- AseraCare HOSPICE Volunteer...
- College Student Interns
- Companion Volunteer Johnstown
- Hospice Vigil Volunteer -...
- Hospice Vigil Volunteer,...
- Musical Hospice Volunteer
- PET THERAPY VOLUNTEER FOR...
- PET THERAPY VOLUNTEER Somerset, PA
- Pet Therapy Volunteers for Hospice
- Student Interns for Hospice