Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Docent
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where900 Ohio Dr. SWWashington, DC 20024
The universal messages of justice, democracy, hope and love that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. preached have inspired the design of the National Memorial in his honor on the National Mall. MLK Memorial Volunteers will spend time roving the memorial and interacting with visitors from all over the world, who have come to learn more about the man and the Civil Rights movement of which he was a part. The location of the memorial on the banks of the Tidal Basin means that there will also be special volunteer opportunities available during the National Cherry Blossom Festival.
The National Mall and Memorial Parks' mission is to manage, preserve, and maintain the monuments, memorials, and historic sites in the heart of Washington, D.C., and to provide opportunities for all Americans and park visitors to understand and be inspired by their significance. You can help advance this mission by volunteering in the park. Volunteers interact with visitors and assist Park Rangers in answering questions, giving talks, and leading tours of the monuments and memorials.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Old Post Office Tower Docent
- National Mall Roving Volunteer
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt...
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial Docent
- National Mall and Memorial Parks...
- Smithsonian Metro Kiosk Docent
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial...
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial Docent
- Lincoln Memorial Docent
- World War II Memorial Docent
- Korean War Veterans Memorial...