The Medical Assistant assists the Nurse Manager and volunteer nursing staff with the provision of client care and medical services operations, under the supervision of a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse
- Review patient chart, including the intake forms, medical services consents and other pertinent data.
- Perform urine pregnancy testing and provide verification documentation and/or recommendation for retest.
- Provide education, as directed by nursing staff, regarding pregnancy health, prenatal care, reproduction, sexually transmitted infections, abortion procedures and risks, overall women’s health and other education based on client need (after adequate training and demonstration of comprehension).
- Obtain patient’s medical history to assess eligibility for ultrasound exam.
- Provide support to the other medical staff, including chaperoning exams.
- Meet with patient after the exam or pregnancy counseling, education, and referrals as needed.
- Provide pregnancy counseling (options exploration) as needed.
- Review client records at the end of each shift and complete data entry for services performed.
- Assist with maintenance of medical records and other administrative tasks
- Assist with inventory and supply maintenance
- Comply with state and professional certification requirements, if applicable.
- Complete annual review of center policies and procedures, infection control regulations, and safety procedures.
- PT Education., Administrative, Lab Tests
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Information Technology Specialist
- SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
- Administrative Assistant
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Volunteer Instructor
- Volunteer Marketing Specialist
- Volunteer Fatherhood Coordinator
- Volunteer Nursing Staff
- Volunteer Peer Counselor
- Volunteer/Events Coordinator
- Executive Assistant
- Volunteer Medical Assistant
- Baby Store Manager