The Food Bank currently provides over 34 million pounds of food and grocery products annually to over 600 local nonprofit hunger relief organizations. These agencies, in turn, provide groceries and meals to hundreds of thousands of Georgians in need of food assistance.
Every day, our partner agencies arrive at the Food Bank's loading docks to pick up their product orders. Volunteers are needed to assist our partner agencies with the shopping process. This project is perfect for individuals at least 16 years of age who can lift up to 50 lbs. It offers a great opportunity to learn firsthand about the work of our community food network.
Days and times:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00am - noon
All volunteers are required to stay for the entire shift.
Volunteer Safety Guidelines
16 years old and older. Adults must accompany high school age and younger.
- Number of volunteers needed:2 to 4 per shift
All volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes.
- This project is not appropriate for those who cannot lift up to 50 lbs. or stand for prolonged periods.
- As a representative of the Atlanta Community Food Bank, a friendly and professional demeanor is required for this project.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- weekday morning shift 9:00am - 12noon