We've all heard about bullying and cyberbullying in the media and the many suicides that have been a result of this type of victimization.
Do you want to enrich your life while helping kids and teens who are victims - or perhaps even the bully?
If you are good with people and have the ability to listen empathetically and provide unconditional acceptance -- we invite you to consider becoming a Help Counselor for STOMP Out Bullying™.
Beginning with a comprehensive training program and continuing with on-going supervision and advanced trainings, STOMP Out Bullying™ ensures that each and every Help Counselor is prepared to deal with the wide range of issues they will confront on Help lines. The online intensive Volunteer Training Program is taught by our experts. It is dynamic and highly interactive.
As a STOMP Out Bullying™ Help Chat Counselor, we offer a totally flexible schedule, but you would be asked to make a commitment to serve a certain number of hours per month. Pick the days and times that work best for you!
•Must be at least 21 years old
• Must be at least a senior undergraduate or graduate student with a background in social work, psychology, or crisis hotline experience.
• All volunteers are virtual, so candidates must be very tech savvy, and must have their own computers with high speed connections. Working from mobile devices is not permitted.
• Must complete application and background check
• Must have an interest in working with youth who are bullied, cyberbullied and who may be at risk for suicide
• Must be patient, detail-oriented and thorough and have excellent communications skills
• Commitment levels: MUST COMMIT TO A MINIMUM OF 6 MONTHS. Each month you must commit to volunteer a minimum of 12 hours a month -- which includes a minimum of two 4 hour day shifts and a minimum of one 4 hour evening shift. However more monthly hours are desired. At least one weekend a month is required.
• All volunteers must attend two online training sessions
• All volunteers must be able to read, write and fluently converse in English. Having a second language is a plus.
• All volunteers must connect with us on a regular basis per week, show a strong commitment, be reliable, show up for shifts and be accountable.
If you qualify, are interested, and can seriously make the commitment then we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your resume(.pdf) and cover letter to: email@example.com.
- Crisis Counseling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6 month commitment