Meditation Group Leader
Using an existing group format, lead a 45 minute group of adult patients in a meditation exercise designed to teach relaxation, breathing and creative visualization skills. You must possess outstanding communication skills, practice meditation skills in your personal life and be comfortable leading an educational group. All volunteer-led groups are monitored by our professional staff. Hospital orientation and training session required. Must provide one reference and authorize criminal background check. All volunteers must also have a TB screening test (PPD) prior to starting as a volunteer.
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
- Where 208 Valley RoadNew Canaan, CT 06840
- You have studied and practice meditation
- some awareness of mental health settings
- Awareness of psychiatric and addiction disorders
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week, minimum twice per month
- 12-Step Discussion Group Leader
- Admissions Office Assistant
- Adolescent 12 Step Discussion...
- Book/Gift Shop Attendant
- Business Office Assistant
- Floral Arranger
- Human Resources Department...
- Medical Library Assistant
- Meditation Group Leader
- Psychiatric Peer Support Group...
- Recreational Group Assistant
- Saturday Morning Art Group Leader
- Social Work Department Assistant...
- Teach T'ai Chi to Teens in...
- Weekend Patient Activity Leader
- Weekend Visiting Hours Greeter
- Women's Residential Program-12...