Do you enjoy helping others?
Do you see yourself as a leader during a time of need?
Do you thrive in stressful emergency situations?
Do you work well under pressure?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then we have the opportunity for you!
The Public Health Reserve Corps (PHRC) is seeking Dental volunteers to assist Public Health - Seattle & King County during an emergency in King County.
Dentist volunteers will primarily assist individuals and families during an emergency by providing services in the community such as:
- Diagnosing and providing dental treatment to patients
- Prescribing medications for a variety of oral health conditions
- Consulting with other health care providers on treatment options and procedures
- Documenting all medications, evaluations, diagnoses, treatments, outcomes, referrals and consultations
Dental Assistant volunteers will primarily assist individuals and families during an emergency by providing services in the community such as:
- Acting as a chairside assistant and operating oral evacuation systems
- Performing oral inspections
- Applying topical preventive agents
- Taking intra-oral and extra-oral radiographs
- Assisting dentists with emergency procedures
Dental Hygienist volunteers will primarily assist individuals and families during an emergency by providing services in the community such as:
- Performing soft-tissue curettage
- Giving injections of a local anesthetic
- Placing restorations into a tooth prepared by a dentist
- Administering nitrous oxide analgesia
Depending on the severity of the emergency secondary duties may include assisting with other support duties as needed.
All Dental volunteers will participate in approximately 8 hours per year in orientation, training, and drills. Continuing education credits will be offered whenever possible during these 8 hours.
We also offer training, drill and exercise opportunities.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Chiropractor Volunteer
- Pharmacist and Pharmacy...
- Do You Speak Mandarin,...
- Disaster Support Volunteer
- Dentists, Dental Assistant,...
- Certified Nursing Asst. Volunteer
- EMT Volunteer
- Physician Volunteer
- Spiritual Care Worker Volunteers
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner...
- Marriage and Family Therapists...
- Do you speak Russian or Korean?...