VITAS Innovative Hospice Care is looking for kind and caring people to help terminally ill patients and their families -- just by being there. Many of our patients live at home with family members or friends who rarely get the opportunity to leave the house because they are devoted to caring for their ill loved ones. Respite care (sitting with a patient while the caregiver takes a break) is one of our biggest volunteer needs. For caregivers to have the opportunity to run an errand, go see a movie, go to a doctor's appointment or go on an outing can work wonders to renew their energy and better equip them for the responsibilities of care-giving. We are especially looking for volunteers who would be available during daytime, weekday hours but weekends or evenings are also helpful. Opportunities are flexible.
- Daytime availability is a plus
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Musical and Visual Artists...
- Hospice VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- Administrative Volunteers VITAS
- Hospice VITAS Craft Volunteers
- Hospice Respite and Patient Care...
- Veteran Hospice Volunteer...
- Hospice Veteran Volunteers Vitas...
- Hospice Respite Care Volunteer
- Paw Pal Volunteer Greenville, TX
- Hospice VITAS Patient-Care...
- Hair Care Hospice Volunteers VITAS