AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization with a membership that helps people age 50 and over, have independence, choice and control in ways that are beneficial and affordable to them and society as a whole, ways that help people 50 and over improve their lives. Since 1958, AARP has been leading a revolution in the way people view and live life.
The AARP Foundation - the charitable arm of AARP - offers critically needed programs and services that help provide real relief for struggling seniors. The Foundation is dedicated to serving vulnerable people 50+ by creating solutions that help them secure the essentials and achieve their best life. AARP Foundation recognizes there will be people who fall through the safety net and will struggle to meet their most basic needs. The AARP Foundation works to fill this gap.
AARP Tax Aide, an AARP Foundation program, helps low- to moderate-income taxpayers have more discretionary income for everyday essentials, such as food and housing, by assisting with tax services and ensuring they receive applicable tax credits and deductions.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is available free to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those 60 and older. Through a cadre of trained volunteers, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide has helped low- to moderate-income individuals for more than 40 years in every state and the District of Columbia.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is offered in cooperation with the IRS.
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Basic Computer Skills
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours/ per week
- Preparation of Income Tax Returns for low to moderate income taxpayers with special attention to tho
- Food Pantry Assistant-...
- Foreign registration- California...
- Senior Nutrition
- Caring Cupboard- City of San...
- Public Affairs & Community...
- HART Volunteer- Daly City...
- Office Support- California...
- Mills-Peninsula Senior Focus
- Medical Interpreters Mills-...
- Meals on Wheels
- Kitchen/ Food Pantry- Samaritan...
- Early Literacy Program- Avenidas
- Craigslist Ad Writer- Habitat...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Reading Tutor- Reading Partners
- ESL Instructor
- AARP Foundation - Tax Aide
- Outreach & Marketing- Get Up &...
- Friendship Center- Mental Health...