Peninsula Volunteers, Inc. has provided services for more than 63 years and has led the nation in developing programs to support the welfare of the senior members of the community. Each year we deliver approximately 150,000 hot meals to the homebound through Meals-on-Wheels, and support over 4500 households who rely on the programs at Little House, Roslyn G. Morris Activity Center, Rosener House Adult Day Services, and Crane Place and Partridge-Kennedy Apartments low-cost housing.
Our Purpose: The purpose of Peninsula Volunteers is to help create, through high quality and nurturing programs for the aging, a community in which seniors are engaged, cared for and respected as vital members.
Our Vision: As life expectancy lengthens, communities embrace both opportunities and challenges to help the aging maintain their dignity, independence and sense of usefulness. The mark of any community is in the way it regards and respects its elders and the lessons it conveys to all its citizens.
Peninsula Volunteers provides programs, support and guidance for seniors in our community as they pursue the pathway of a long and useful life.
Our Core Values:
We believe in the dignity and independence of the seniors in our community.
We believe in returning the abundance that has been given to us by offering our time, our efforts and our resources to those who have served us.
We are, and will be, responsive to the needs of our aging population and, through collaboration with other organizations, we will strengthen our community's ability to serve the aging.
We value life, especially for the aging in our community, and strive to exemplify this and other values in everything we do.
Volunteer Opportunities include: Community Service Representative, Computer Club Counselor, Council Member, Craft Vendor, Little Shop Sales Representative, Meals-On-Wheels, Newspaper/Mailings, Program Instructor, Recreation Program Specialist, Senior Nuitrion (Lunch Program), Travel Service Representatives, Community Volunteer Program Assistant
- Accountant, Admin Support, Receptionist
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- South San Francisco Public Library
- Community Service Agency
- Peninsula Volunteers Inc.
- Alzheimer's Association,...
- Atherton Police Department
- Mission Hospice & Home Care
- Mills-Peninsula Senior Focus
- Environmental Volunteers
- Pacifica Senior Services
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- AARP Foundation - Tax Aide
- Sunnyvale Community Services
- Kaiser Permanente Med.Ctr. (SSF...
- City of San Bruno, San Bruno...
- City of Millbrae
- Foster City Police Department
- California Highway Patrol San...
- City of Daly City Senior Services
- City of Los Altos
- HICAP (Health Insurance...
- City of San Carlos Adult...
- Pacifica School Volunteers
- San Mateo County Sheriff's...
- Rebuilding Together Peninsula
- American Legion District 26
- Mental Health Association of San...
- Peninsula Family Services
- Redwood City Public Library
- San Mateo County Library
- Redwood City Veterans Memorial...
- Daly City Peninsula Partnership...
- Twin Pines Senior & Community...
- Friends for Youth
- San Francisco Airport Travelers...
- U.S.O. / San Francisco...
- City of South San Francisco...
- Veterans Administration Health...
- Homework Central
- St. Francis Center of Redwood City
- Pathways Home Health & Hospice
- California Highway Patrol Santa...
- Daly City Senior Services
- Daly City Youth Health Center
- Vista Center for the Blind and...
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- San Mateo County Transit District
- Reading Partners
- City of Sunnyvale
- Sutter Care at Home
- Ecumenical Hunger Program
- Human Investment Project (HIP...
- Society of St. Vincent De Paul
- Jewish Coalition for Literacy
- Los Altos Senior Center
- Senior Coastsiders
- Mid Peninsula Regional Open Space
- Seton Medical Center
- Saint Francis Center of Redwood...
- San Mateo Senior Services
- Legal Aid Society of San Mateo...
- Self-Help for the Elderly
- San Mateo Japanese American...
- San Mateo Medical Center
- Menlo Park Senior Center
- Samaritan House
- Innvision Shelter Network
- Project Read of Northern San...
- San Bruno Senior Center
- La Comida de California...
- American Cancer Society - San...
- Project Read - San Mateo
- Peninsula Jewish Community Center
- Ombudsman of San Mateo County
- Blackberry REACT, Inc
- Palo Alto Community Child Care...
- Second Harvest Food Bank of...
- American Red Cross-San Mateo...
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- San Carlos Parks & Recreation...
- Palo Alto Library
- Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA