Peninsula Volunteers, Inc. has provided services for more than 63 years and has led the nation in developing programs to support the welfare of the senior members of the community. Each year we deliver approximately 150,000 hot meals to the homebound through Meals-on-Wheels, and support over 4500 households who rely on the programs at Little House, Roslyn G. Morris Activity Center, Rosener House Adult Day Services, and Crane Place and Partridge-Kennedy Apartments low-cost housing.
Our Purpose: The purpose of Peninsula Volunteers is to help create, through high quality and nurturing programs for the aging, a community in which seniors are engaged, cared for and respected as vital members.
Our Vision: As life expectancy lengthens, communities embrace both opportunities and challenges to help the aging maintain their dignity, independence and sense of usefulness. The mark of any community is in the way it regards and respects its elders and the lessons it conveys to all its citizens.
Peninsula Volunteers provides programs, support and guidance for seniors in our community as they pursue the pathway of a long and useful life.
Our Core Values:
We believe in the dignity and independence of the seniors in our community.
We believe in returning the abundance that has been given to us by offering our time, our efforts and our resources to those who have served us.
We are, and will be, responsive to the needs of our aging population and, through collaboration with other organizations, we will strengthen our community's ability to serve the aging.
We value life, especially for the aging in our community, and strive to exemplify this and other values in everything we do.
Volunteer Opportunities include: Little House Volunteers, Meals on Wheels Volunteers, Rosener House Volunteers
- Recreation Services
- Office Reception
- Food & Beverage Services
- Executive Admin
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- South San Francisco Public Library
- Community Service Agency of...
- Peninsula Volunteers Inc.
- Atherton Police Department
- Mission Hospice & Home Care
- Mills-Peninsula Senior Focus
- Human Investment Project (HIP...
- Society of St. Vincent De Paul
- Environmental Volunteers
- Jewish Coalition for Literacy
- Senior Coastsiders
- Mid Peninsula Regional Open Space
- City of Pacifica - Senior Services
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Seton Medical Center
- AARP Foundation - Tax Aide
- City of San Mateo - Senior...
- Community Service Agency -...
- Kaiser Permanente Med.Ctr. (SSF...
- City of San Bruno, San Bruno...
- City of Millbrae - Recreation...