The Homework Central Mission is to assist children in developing their capacity to learn and achieve through homework assistance and family support.
We believe that education is a critical component to a successful life in today's world. Often socio-economic and language barriers challenge this educational capacity. Our community homework centers with caring volunteers can mitigate these obstacles so that children can become capable students.
Three volunteer sites in San Mateo: Martin Luther King Jr. Center, Sunnybrae School and the Unitarian Universalist Church.
Volunteer Opportunity: After School Tutor
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- South San Francisco Public Library
- Community Service Agency
- Peninsula Volunteers Inc.
- Alzheimer's Association,...
- Atherton Police Department
- Mission Hospice & Home Care
- Mills-Peninsula Senior Focus
- Environmental Volunteers
- Pacifica Senior Services
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- AARP Foundation - Tax Aide
- Sunnyvale Community Services
- Kaiser Permanente Med.Ctr. (SSF...
- City of San Bruno, San Bruno...
- City of Millbrae
- Foster City Police Department
- California Highway Patrol San...
- City of Daly City Senior Services
- City of Los Altos
- HICAP (Health Insurance...
- City of San Carlos Adult...
- Pacifica School Volunteers
- San Mateo County Sheriff's...
- Rebuilding Together Peninsula
- American Legion District 26
- Mental Health Association of San...
- Peninsula Family Services
- Redwood City Public Library
- San Mateo County Library
- Redwood City Veterans Memorial...
- Daly City Peninsula Partnership...
- Twin Pines Senior & Community...
- Friends for Youth
- San Francisco Airport Travelers...
- U.S.O. / San Francisco...
- City of South San Francisco...
- Veterans Administration Health...
- Homework Central
- St. Francis Center of Redwood City
- Pathways Home Health & Hospice
- California Highway Patrol Santa...
- Daly City Senior Services
- Daly City Youth Health Center
- Vista Center for the Blind and...
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- San Mateo County Transit District
- Reading Partners
- City of Sunnyvale
- Sutter Care at Home
- Ecumenical Hunger Program
- Human Investment Project (HIP...
- Society of St. Vincent De Paul
- Jewish Coalition for Literacy
- Los Altos Senior Center
- Senior Coastsiders
- Mid Peninsula Regional Open Space
- Seton Medical Center
- Saint Francis Center of Redwood...
- San Mateo Senior Services
- Legal Aid Society of San Mateo...
- Self-Help for the Elderly
- San Mateo Japanese American...
- San Mateo Medical Center
- Menlo Park Senior Center
- Samaritan House
- Innvision Shelter Network
- Project Read of Northern San...
- San Bruno Senior Center
- La Comida de California...
- American Cancer Society - San...
- Project Read - San Mateo
- Peninsula Jewish Community Center
- Ombudsman of San Mateo County
- Blackberry REACT, Inc
- Palo Alto Community Child Care...
- Second Harvest Food Bank of...
- American Red Cross-San Mateo...
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- San Carlos Parks & Recreation...
- Palo Alto Library
- Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA