Supporting a Senior is a Powerful Experience
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where247 N McDonaldMesa and East MesaMesa, AZ 85201
Assistance for Independent Living Volunteers help home-bound seniors in Mesa, Tempe, Gilbert, Chandler, and Apache Junction with transportation and socialization.
Volunteer services are simple but vital tasks that support a senior’s independence. As little as 2 hours a month can make a huge difference in the life of a homebound elderly neighbor.
How AIL Volunteers Help Older Adults
- Medical and Health Transportation
- Grocery Shopping
- Friendly Visiting
- Caring Calls
- Visual Assistance (help with mail and bills)
- "Little Things" (changing light bulbs, batteries, checking smoke detectors).
- RX Pick-Up
- Cancer Patient Transportation
Each volunteer determines their involvement and which type of service they want to provide.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As little as two hours per month