AIL-HELPING A SENIOR is a Powerful Experience
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where247 N McDonaldMesa and East MesaMesa, AZ 85201
The Assistance for Independent Living (AIL) Volunteer Program-Volunteers help home-bound seniors in Mesa, Tempe, Gilbert, Chandler, and Apache Junction with transportation and socialization. Please contact us at 480-966-9704.
Volunteer services are simple but necessary tasks that support a senior’s independence. As little as 2 hours of service a month can make the difference in the life of a homebound senior.
Seeking Volunteers Help Homebound Seniors: 2 Hours a Month.This amazing service enables seniors to remain in their own home with dignity.
How AIL Volunteers Help Older Adults
- Medical and Health Transportation
- Grocery Shopping
- Friendly Visiting
- Caring Calls
- Visual Assistance (help with mail and bills)
- "Little Things" (changing light bulbs, batteries, checking smoke detectors).
- RX Pick-Up
- Cancer Patient Transportation
Each volunteer determines their involvement and which type of service they want to perform . Volunteers are asked to accept assignments.
- AIL Volunteer Basic's
- Volunteers can choose to work with one or multiple seniors.
- All volunteers participate in an orientation.
Helping older people is a powerful experience: you can help a home-bound senior today!
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As little as two hours per month
- As needed basis