The Admissions Office at Silver Hill Hospital is where individuals experiencing distress due to psychiatric or addiction challenges first come to determine where they will be assigned in the hospital to receive the best possible treatment. You will work alongside the admissions staff, who are expertly trained to help people in crisis and to ensure that each patient will receive the most appropriate care. After training as an Admissions Office Greeter, you will use your interpersonal skills and empathy for others to offer support to patients and their families by providing written information, food and beverages, and descriptions of our programs and facilities. Your calm presence and good people instincts will guide you so that patients are made to feel welcome, respected and encouraged.
Volunteer candidates are selected on the basis of their maturity, abiility to handle sensitive situations in a discreet and professional manner and a willingness to also accept supervision and ongoing feedback.
- Mental Health
- Customer Service
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours at least twice per month
- Social Work Department Assistant
- Women's Group 12-step Meeting...
- Adolescent Programs-School Time...
- Business Office Assistant
- Make some music!
- Help Teens Overcome Addiction...
- Meditation Group Leader
- Calling All Sunday Morning Bakers!
- Recreational Group Assistant
- Medical Library Assistant
- Monday 10:00 a.m. Art Group for...
- 12-Step Discussion Group Leader
- Adolescent Unit-Greet Visitors...
- Greet Patients & Families During...
- Delight Patients with Your...
- Admissions Office Assistant
- Family & Patient...
- Knit One, Purl Two: Teach...