The Apprentice Caseworker assists clients in assessing needs, identifying resources, providing educational resources, and determining what Society services are appropriate to help meet needs. Interviewers work under the supervision of the Casework Lead and consults with the Director, Deputy Director, and Senior Caseworkers Level III and above.
- Analyze client requests for assistance, complete required verifications, analysis, and review previous casework history.
- Assist Clients in creating a Spending Plan
- Assist client to identify alternate solutions to presented problems.
- Assess whether needs presented can be met within NMCRS Casework policies.
- Consult appropriate casework personnel before denying clients requests.
- Identify community resources and make professional referrals.
- Complete required paperwork during Casework Appointment
- Maintain confidentiality of client information and Professionalism at all times.
- Desire to serve military clients
- Completion of NMCRS Volunteer Orientation
- Complete Required Level I and Level II Training Class.
- Complete on the Job Training to include E-Learning and Mentor Shadowing
- Complete Level I and Level II TQS
- Ability to maintain objectivity and non-judgmental demeanor.
- Ability to assess alternatives and exercise active listening skills.
- Satisfy NMCRS casework background check for previous client status.
- Job satisfaction, professional contacts, and lifelong friendships.
- Opportunity to have positive impact on quality of life for NMCRS clients.
- Availability of training in new skills.
- Reimbursement for childcare, and mileage expenses.
- Opportunity to control work schedule.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training