Waupaca County Dept. of Health & Human Services has various Volunteer opportunities throughout the County. Make new friends while making a difference!!
CONTACT: Kristine Wiegman at 715/258-6277 or Kristine.Wiegman@co.waupaca.wi.us
SENIOR NUTRITION MEAL SITES Do you enjoy the company of seniors? If so, please join us at any of the 7 Senior Nutrition Sites!
Sites are located in: Clintonville, Iola, Manawa, Marion, New London, Waupaca & Weyauwega.
- Assist at the meal site - receptionist, food server, meal set up & clean up.
- Offer your talents to the participants through music, art or professional abilities.
MEALS-ON-WHEELS:A home delivered meal with a smile can do amazing things for those we serve. Consider being a Meals-On-Wheels Driver!
- Meals are delivered to home bound residents Monday - Friday (no holidays). Delivery times & length of route vary by the local nutrition site. Approximate times are 10:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. If you can offer even one day a month to deliver, it would make a huge difference in someone’s life that needs a meal & appreciates the visit!
- A great opportunity to utilize your office skills in a relaxed atmosphere on the 2 nd floor of the Courthouse. Volunteers assist with light office work such as filing, mailing, stapling, stamping, special projects and general tasks. All you need is a pleasant attitude and the promise to retain confidentiality of information.
- Provide safe & dependable transportation to Waupaca County residents who are elderly or disabled for medical or nutritional needs. Background check required. Training is provided. Paid mileage. Must have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license & clean driving record. Vehicle must pass a safety inspection.
PREVENTION PROGRAM LAY LEADER
Facilitate evidence-based programs geared for Seniors! Programs are offered through the Aging & Disability Resource Center (ADRC). Help Seniors make positive changes in their life by leading workshops geared for their health & well being! Training is required & paid for. Mileage is reimbursed for the workshops you facilitate. Current evidence based programs offered are:
Stepping On: Stepping On is a seven-week workshop using adult education to develop the knowledge and skills needed to help older adults prevent falls. It focuses on how strength and balancing exercises, medication management, home safety, footwear, vision, and mobility all play an important in fall prevention.
Living Well with Chronic Conditions: This six-week program teaches new strategies that will give participants the confidence and skills needed to manage the challenges of living with a chronic health condition.
Strong Women (aka: Strong Bones/Strong Seniors): Strong Women is a program designed to help women become or stay strong, fit and healthy. It is an evidence-based, strength-training program from Tufts University proven to prevent osteoporosis, build muscle and improve balance, as well as decrease depression and arthritis symptoms.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training